All Heart NZ’s Reduce Services are designed to help businesses respond to the demands of a changing market.
Businesses are facing an increasingly complex array of risks across their value chains – from more strict social and environmental regulations and sustainability savvy customers and competitors, to growing demand from our natural resources and the need to mitigate their climate change impacts.
However, these also bring a range of opportunities that can give organisations a competitive edge.
- Consumers switch to a more sustainable brand and encourage others to do the same.
- Significant extra costs through increased environmental regulation.
- It’s a struggle to compete effectively in bids and tenders due to a lack of sustainability ‘credentials'.
- You miss out on cost savings and/or face business disruptions due to inefficient resource use.
- You do not have goods or services relevant to customers’ or consumers’ needs.
- It becomes harder to attract and retain talent.
- It becomes harder to attract investments and access capital.
- An inability to partner or collaborate to innovate with other sustainable businesses.
- Increase in Profits: Research shows that investing in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) can lead to revenue growth, save costs and increase profits and market shares
- Competitive Edge and Brand Loyalty: Consumers and customers are demanding a better understanding of where their goods and services are from, how they are made and expect businesses to make it easy for them to make sustainable choices by building sustainability into their policies and practices
- Best Talent: Sustainability helps attract, retain and engage the best staff as job seekers increasingly think it is important to work for a company that is socially and environmentally responsible
- Bids, Tenders and Contracts: It’s increasingly common for large companies to include sustainability performance in their tender processes, comparing suppliers, products or services against their own values and performance.
Our Reduce Services
After many years working with different corporates, we realised that not every business can employ a Sustainability Manager full time.
Meanwhile, working with multiple sustainability consultants on different areas of the business quickly becomes complex time consuming and a major managerial task.
This is why we are a one-stop sustainability solution for your business.
Our Reduce Services are:
Virtual Sustainability Department
Our Virtual Sustainability Manager will lead in the strategy, design, planning and implementation of sustainability initiatives, taking away the extra work and playing a crucial role in helping your business achieve its sustainability objectives. This includes:
- Your dedicated Sustainability Manager
- Participation in executive meetings and advice on sustainability issues, opportunities and risks
- Design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of sustainability strategies and initiatives
We will help you design, plan, implement and measure the impact of new or existing sustainability strategies.
Sustainability Gaps Analysis and Materiality Assessments
A Sustainability Gaps analysis is a strategic tool and the first step in identifying and prioritising present and future social, environmental and governance risks and opportunities in an organisation. Materiality Assessments expand on this analysis by bringing in the perspectives of internal and external stakeholders.
Design, Implementation and Measurement of Sustainability Projects
We will help you design, plan, implement and/or measure the impact of new or existing sustainability projects – no matter how big or small they may be.
Carbon Emissions Management
Carbon Emissions Accounting is the process of quantifying an organisation's Green House Gas (GHG) emissions to understand and mitigate – or completely remove – their socio-environmental impacts. All Heart NZ can help your organisation navigate this increasingly crucial and complex process – from getting started to going all the way to achieving a Carbon Certification.
Sustainability Reporting, Communication and Marketing
We can assist you to report on your sustainability efforts (using the GRI Standards, the most widely used reporting framework in Aotearoa New Zealand) and create sustainability communications and marketing strategies in line with your brand.
Sustainability Education, Capacity Building and Sustainability Events
We can help you build the capacity of your team by providing ongoing mentoring, running workshops tailored to your needs or taking you and your staff on one of our educational Waste Tours, Retreats or Lunches
Ethical Procurement and Supply Chain Management Solutions
We can help you manage issues in your procurement and supply chain – such as the presence of modern-day slavery – with expert support and/or tech solutions.
Waste audits can help you understand your waste streams and the actions you will need to take to reduce your waste creation.
Our Theory of Change
By raising the sustainability standards and practices of the top 0.5% of businesses* in Aotearoa New Zealand, we are changing the behaviour of 60% of our workforce and indirectly influencing their families and friends – growing the movement for a more sustainable society.
*By the number of employees: 2688 businesses employ 1,127,000 people.
Get In Touch
If you need assistance with a specific sustainability project, or are ready to take your sustainability efforts to the next level but don't quite know what to do, we can help you.
Get in touch: